Last updated: 15 July 2021
We understand it it difficult to keep up with all the changes constantly happening with travel restrictions due to the COVID 19 Pandemic.
We will try to keep our information as up to date as possible. We do suggest though that before you travel, you check the QLD HEALTH website for up to date and correct information.
Update - From 15.July 2021
- Border passes: Visitors can enter Queensland without having to complete a Queensland Border Declaration Pass or mandatory quarantine, unless they are travelling from a declared hotspot.
- Hotspots: Visitors and returned travellers who have been in a Local Government Area identified as a hotspot in the last 14 days can enter Queensland with a valid Queensland Border Declaration Pass and are required to complete the mandatory
- Face masks are required until July 23rd if you travelling to us from the following LGA's: Brisbane City Council, Logan, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim.
The new normal
- Maintain physical distancing (1.5m)
- Wear a mask when distancing is not possible
- Maintain good hand hygiene
- Stay at home if you feel sick
- Collection of contact details to allow for effective contact tracing
- Rapidly responding to outbreaks
- Travel restrictions for hot spots
- COVID Safe Plan or checklist in place
Social distancing and hygiene requirements will still remain in place. Please stay home if you are sick.
What are we doing to stay safe
- We are excited to have you come visit, but we need to be sure our staff, guests and community remain safe.
- We will ask you for details of all the guests who will be staying with you or visiting you whilst you are staying with us.
- We provide hand sanitiser for use at reception but we suggest you carry your own with you at all times.
- Our villas meet distancing requirements but please maintain 1.5m distance in common areas.
- We are staggering our check in times as rooms are ready.
- We encourage prepayment for contactless check in.
- If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who is positive to covid, please contact us to reschedule your holiday.
A little about us
We are a small family run business – just 2 of us that work full time here at the Lake. Rod looks after all the gardens and grounds and maintenance and Deb works in the office on admin and marketing. We now have two part time cleaners and they are educated in the requirements and regulations to ensure your room is clean and meets standards for your health and safety.
Our villas are owned by individuals who entrust us to look after them on their behalf. We are aware that we still have some challenges to face in the coming months but we are excited to be open and operating in time for whale season. We do our best to make sure that you have an amazing experience when you come to stay with us. Continuing to book your holidays and staying with us is the best support you can offer us!
Please stay in touch with us. We are committed to working hard to make sure you have the best holiday possible when you come to visit us again.
Rod and Deb
Sanctuary Lakes Fauna Retreat