Covid-19 Updates – 14.07.2020
***UPDATE FOR BOOKING YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY***
We are very excited to see restrictions eased and hope that you will travel and holiday with us again.
We have missed you all.
We are now in stage 3 of the recovery process:
- From 12:01pm 10 July 2020
* The Queensland Government will implement enhanced border control measures, including border passes and identification screening.
* From 10 July 2020, any person travelling from New South Wales, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory may enter Queensland subject to completing and signing a border declaration and undertaking to present for a COVID-19 test if they develop symptoms.
* Any person that has been in a COVID-19 hotspot during the past 14 days, including Victoria, must not enter Queensland. The only exceptions (and subject to strict conditions) are:
* a Queensland resident returning home who will be subject to government directed quarantine
* a person entering to perform an essential activity approved by the Chief Health Officer
* a person listed in other limited categories as listed in the border direction.Offences and enforcement measures
- All persons entering Queensland must complete and sign a border declaration stating whether they have been overseas or in a COVID-19 hotspot, had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case or had symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Significant penalties apply for false statements.
* All flights will be checked, and road vehicle borders will be enforced.
* Police will enforce quarantine.
* A person who refuses testing in quarantine will be subject to a further 10-day period at cost.
Social distancing and hygiene requirements will still remain in place. Please stay home if you are sick.
What are we doing to stay safe:
1. We are excited to have you come visit, but we need to be sure our staff, guests and community remain safe.
2. We will send you out a survey prior to your check in and ask that you complete it honestly. Failing to complete the survey may result in a refusal to let you check in.
3. We provide hand sanitiser for use at reception but we suggest you carry your own with you at all times.
4. Our villas meet distancing requirements but please maintain 1.5m distance in common areas.
5. We are staggering our check in times as rooms are ready.
6. We encourage prepayment for contactless check in.
7. If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who is positive to covid, please contact us to reschedule your holiday.
A little about us
We are a small family run business – just 2 of us that work full time here at the Lake. Rod looks after all the gardens and grounds and maintenance and Deb works in the office on admin and marketing. We now have two part time cleaners and they are educated in the requirements and regulations to ensure your room is clean and meets standards for your health and safety.
Our villas are owned by individuals who entrust us to look after them on their behalf. We are aware that we still have some challenges to face in the coming months but we are excited to be open and operating in time whale season. We do our best to make sure that you have an amazing experience when you come to stay with us. Continuing to book your holidays and staying with us is the best support you can offer us!
You can stay up to date with current government recommendations by clicking here: Covid-19 Updates
Please stay in touch with us. We are committed to working hard to make sure you have the best holiday possible when you come to visit us again.
Rod and Deb
Sanctuary Lakes Fauna Retreat